Rocky Mountain National Park officials made several announcements on their Facebook page this afternoon, some concerning hiking trails in the park:
* On the west side of RMNP, the Lower Tonahutu Trail, Green Mountain Trail and Onahu Trail leading up to Big Meadows have reopened for day use only. The trails had been closed since June 11th as a result of the Big Meadows Fire. The upper Tonahutu Trail still remains closed.
* The bridge near Calypso Cascades has reopened.
* Old Fall River Road is currently closed to all uses from top and bottom thru July 2. Starting July 3 it will be open for the season to vehicles. The Chasm Falls Trail will also reopen that day.
* Flowers are starting to bloom on the tundra! Elk are moving to higher elevations. Baby animals are showing up; be sure to leave them alone and give the moms plenty of space.
* Smoke can happen, either from the Big Meadows Fire or other western fires, depending on atmospheric conditions.