Woods Canada is currently looking for two persons to become Woods™ explorers. The two of you will be engaged for the 2015 program and work and travel together as a team. Interested parties can submit their application video as a team or as individuals.
The selected applicants will travel across Canada on the Trans Canada Trail (TCT) visiting key points of interest while producing compelling content about their journey. Each week, Woods™ explorers will travel to a unique destination along the TCT with the intention of covering a wide range of Canada over the 5-month journey. Travel will not be necessarily continuous and may involve driving or flying to different debarkation points in order to maximize their geographic reach.
The position runs from May 12, 2015 until September 30, 2015. Applicants should be comfortable hiking, climbing, paddling, portaging and swimming, though the more extreme disciplines like technical mountain climbing or canoeing through rapids will NOT be a requirement for this job.
Some of the skills and requirements for the job include:
• You have experience in the outdoors with camping, tripping, canoeing and orienteering. You also don’t mind be isolated in the great outdoors for a few weeks at a time.
• You get social media and are a skilled communicator. You are an avid social media contributor and content creator.
• You are both a leader and a team player. You have been a coach, counselor, manager or team leader in your previous life. You work well with people and inspire others.
• Having skills in photography, videography and content production is a definite plus.
• Having some experience or training in media or public relations is a bonus.
• Bilingualism is a definite asset.
Prospective applicants must submit a 60 second video and tell Woods Canada why they should choose you. Submissions are due by April 17, 2015. For more information, please click here.