Monday, March 25, 2013

Programming Note: Grand Lake motel to appear on Hotel Impossible tonight

The Western Riviera Motel in Grand Lake will be on tonight's episode of Hotel Impossible. The episode will air on the Travel Channel at 10:00 p.m. EST / 8:00 p.m. MST.

Back in early February the star and host of Hotel Impossible, Anthony Melchiorri, and designer, Blanche Garcia, spent a week in Grand Lake filming the final episode of Season 2 at Western Riviera with owners Mike and Jackie Tompkins. Anthony told Sky-Hi News that Grand Lake is "the most beautiful place he’s ever been". He went on to say:
“I was blown away. Grand Lake is a piece of art. Every single time you turn around there is either frozen lake with a beautiful cloud over it, or there's a part of the lake that's not frozen with a sun over it, or there's a mountain by itself or a formation of mountains. I've not seen the same landscape since I've been here.

“And then you take this beautiful town of Grand Lake that looks like the back lot of a Hollywood studio and you incorporate that with just beautiful open-hearted people that know each other - it's my favorite place, and it is the most beautiful place I've ever been. And I thought Alaska and Hawaii would be tops, and this surprised me.

“I'd rather come here in the winter rather than the summer,” he continued. “In the summer you can get a lot of this stuff in other places. You can get the beautiful landscape, you can get the lake, but in the winter I imagine this place is even more beautiful. It's atypical of most places.”
As a fan of Hotel Impossible, my wife and I are definitely excited to see this episode.

We're also proud to mention that the Western Riviera Motel is one of our advertisers on the accommodations page of our RockyMountainHikingTrails.com website.



Jeff
RockyMountainHikingTrails.com

No comments: